Time Management course
- Time Management
Time Management course is intended for anyone who desires to manage their time effectively by using a variety of practical techniques taught in the course as well as the basic understanding of time management.
- Identify time management profiles
- Understand the principles of time management
- Draw up time efficient work plans to carry out department/division/ section work functions
Implement time efficient work plans
This learning programme is intended for all persons who need to apply efficient time management to their personal life, work life, work of a department / division / section. This course is designed for employees and executives involved in performing daily tasks, Leadership and the management of teams, and focuses on translating strategic intent into effective daily action. Competence against this standard will ensure that teams are effectively managed and that managers can translate strategy into action.
1. Identify time management profiles
- Analyse current time management techniques and identify any weaknesses.
- Identify the top time wasters that impact on the organisation's productivity.
- Identify the external forces that affect time management.
2. Understand the principles of time management
- Understanding the 80/20 rule and how it affects Time Mangement.
- Understanding how to use delegation effectively.
- Understanding and applying Prioritising.
- Understand the principle of balance between the various aspects of one's life.
3. Draw up time efficient work plans to carry out department / division / section work functions
- Understand the organisation's objectives and goals.
- Translate organisation's objectives into work plans.
- Identify the key activities required to complete a specific project and analyse all tasks and work procedures and assign it to a specific time frame.
- Delegate some responsibilities where applicable.
- Ensure that plans eliminate and/or manage time wasters in the organisation.
- Prioritise tasks in terms of urgency and importance for the organisation.
4. Implement time efficient work plans
- Use delegation correctly as a tool when applicable to get the work done.
- Learn how to be proactive.
- Implement plans once all involved are informed of their roles, duties and functions.
- Monitor progress with work plans on an on-going basis and make amendments where necessary.